Old 05-04-07, 12:10 PM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tibikefor2
Do any of these software packages create cue sheet?

Thanks.
TopoUSA can generate turn directions with street names. I haven't found a great way to edit them though - and I don't think you can export them to a spreadsheet or any other useful program. Topo will also create "slip" maps - similar to AAA style 'TripTik' route directions / basically narrow maps that follow your route, and you can turn on the "turns" feature to have callouts along the sides of the maps. I've used the map portion before when trying a new route - they are sort of like the Adventure Cycling maps, without all the extra info.

I also like Topo as you can set a speed for each type of road - so 60mph for highways, 45 for state routes... etc.

I've set mine to avoid interstates and then set my speed at my average brevet finishing speed for all other roads. Its not 100% accurate because it doesn't account for terrain - but for planning purposes its close enough to figure rough time frames for stops, control arrival times, etc.