View Single Post
Old 05-04-07, 02:36 PM
Denny Koll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Versailles06
Ok look... I've only begun doing laps in prospect park since the middle of March, but within that relative short period of time the peds there, are an unbelievable nuisance. Worst of all these people bring their 2-3 year old children to the park walk along the bike path, and just let them run around in circles not giving a damn that there are A. cyclists riding pretty fast sometimes and B. cars driving through the park. Yeah this seems to be overlooked. The other day I'm about a hundred yards before the hill over there and this little kid is in the middle of the road just walking slowly. I decide to pass him on his left but I couldn't go all the way to the left because people were walking along the bike path, not to mention cars were in the right lane. So I'm going about 18 miles per, as I pass him he just decides to jet back to the bike lane. He narrowly missed kissing my back wheel and knocking himself out. Had I been going 16 there would have been a huge problem, I'm guessing I'd be at fault. Sh*t is unreal. People please watch your kids!

PS-What's the deal with people walking their litespeeds up the hill?
Was the kid on a leash?