View Single Post
Old 05-04-07, 05:47 PM
Snuffleupagus
Aut Vincere Aut Mori

Bikes: Irish Cycles Tir na Nog, Jack Kane Team Racing, Fuji Aloha 1.0, GT Karakoram, Motobecane Fly Team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
CAT-3 O Meter Ticks Again - 70%

I managed to get out of work early today, and make it down to Spartanburg to do the downtown crit. I brought my laptop to stay on top of some school work, and lo and behold - the race is next to the public library. Horray for wi-fi.

On to the race - I may be fat, out of shape, and have jacked up knees...but I can still squeeze out a top ten out of 40-50 dudes despite spending way too much of the race out in the wind, not eating well the last couple days, and treating it like a "C" race.

As I like to do, I attacked from the gun to try to thin the herd a little bit, but as we were crossing the line I heard the all too familiar noise of bikes and flesh meeting the pavement. After the crash, we spent a fair amount of time waiting around to restart, and then restart again. So, everyone had cold legs, and the guys who'd fallen off the back, or were involved in the crash were back in the field. Horray.

The bad news is that one guy from Sledgehammer/Motovelo had to get carried off on a backboard after introducing his face to a barrier. That's not the kind of thing you wanna see...I seriously hope he's not too much the worse for wear. There was *A LOT* of blood

I'll be at Dilworth tomorrow, and possibly Walnut Grove on Sunday.

Truncated power weenie data (I forgot to restart the power tap, and noticed it'd gone to sleep part way into the race):