View Single Post
Old 05-06-07, 05:44 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by fig
Well, I finally managed to get down in the drops and ride for a while. To be honest my size has prevented me from being able to drop down and ride comfortably. I was climbing the hill I live on the other night, and for some reason decided to try it, and boy did it feel good, for a number of reasons. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but for some reason pedalling up hill was much more pleasing (for lack of a better word) being able to get in that position.

Does riding uphill ever get any better though? I really want to know that 80lbs from now, I can glide uphill, but fear that's not the case.
Anatomically speaking, in the drops, you bring your abdominal muscles into play and it makes you ride stronger. It's also like doing crunches, kinda! It tends to flatten those ab out.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant