Old 05-08-07, 08:02 AM
FatguyRacer
Mmmmm Donuts!

Bikes: 1998 IF Crown Jewel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Congrats. Plateuing sucks big time. I thought i was going one a couple weeks ago. Turns out i wasnt riding enough. The Fitday sounds like a good idea. I've just started using My-Calorie-Counter to do the same thing. I like the journal style entry and the fact that it will track activity calories too. The summary reports are already showing me a trend of way too much sodium in my diet. I've cut out anything white already in favor of whole grains. As a consequence my fiber intake is more than it needs to be. Bottom line is I'm happy as long as my calories out is equal or greater to 7000+ more than i take in. Keeping track of it all seems to help with motivation. I've also noticed a personal trend of 10lbs per 500 miles ridden given the same constant calorie intake. Its seems to happen reguardless of time span needed to go the 500 miles. Right now im averageing 125-150 per week. As the weather warms up and the mornings along with it, i'm going to be ramping it up to 200 a week as best i can.

I havnt had bad luck with eating after 7. I just try not to eat within 2-3 hrs of bedtime. Im a late to bed kind of guy anyway. 11:30-12:30 most nights.

My only drink vices are Caffiene Free Diet Coke and Sprite Zero. 1-2 cans a day. The rest of the time water and a large coffee in the AM.

If i have to give up coffee, i'll probably kill myself.

'09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
'04 Lemond Victorie Ti
'98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
'92 Trek2100 (TT)
'50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
'02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

My Blog

Last edited by FatguyRacer; 05-08-07 at 08:15 AM.