dodachacha

Bikes: Trek 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NWI What whaaat?

Hey everyone

The name's dodachacha and I live in Northwest Indiana.....half hour or so from chi-town

I like long walks on the beach and candlelight dinners....hahaha

Still in high school, unfortunately, so I'm looking for something to do this Summer

I've been on the xc/track teams since early middle school and just started swimming a few years ago....but I'm kinda getting burned out on the running and have been plagued by persistent stomach cramps and stress fractures in my shins, so I'm thinking I need a lifestyle change

Cycling has always fascinated me and it's always been something I wanted to get into, but now I think I'm actually going to take the plunge (got a Trek 1000 for the b-day)

I have no clue what I'm doing, however, so naturally I came across this amazing website and am hoping to get some advice from all of you

I'd really like to get into triathlons (I already do 2 of the sports after all) and have been eying some sprint ones in late august....but I really have no idea how to train for that kind of thing

I'll already be swimming around 1500-2000 yards and running 4-7 miles once a day almost every day this summer for pre-season stuff, but what kind of cycling should I be doing during that time period?? I'm pretty clueless, to say the least

(warning: mediocrity ahead) My 5k PR is 17:55 and I can swim the 500 in 5:40/100 in :55 (yards), so I feel like if I just get on my bike this summer I can do reasonably well in the fall

Thanks for any advice/looking forward to a bright future on this site

Last edited by dodachacha; 05-08-07 at 04:39 PM.