Old 05-11-07, 12:05 PM
randya

Bikes: who cares?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by John Forester
So now you are advocating disobeying the law. Sure, we could have bought tires from outside the state, but what happens when a violation gets brought into a court of law? Again, like so many bicycle advocates, you just do not understand the way the law works. Besides, it would not have been the CHP, most likely, but a local police force, because those are the enforcement forces for most of the areas in which cycling is done.

I really have no idea of why you choose to pursue such meaningless arguments, except for your strong dislike of vehicular cycling, either as an activity or as a policy.
Do you really think the police would have started enforcing tire tread depth restictions on cyclists? My my, you really are paranoid!

You mistake my dislike for VC acolytes, toadies or Foresterites, Foresterology, whatever you want to call them/it, for my dislike of vehicular cycling; I simply consider vehicular cycling to be one tool in a cyclist's toolbox, and not the be-all, end-all to the discussion of how best to accomodate cyclists safely on our auto-centric road system; and not a very good method or tool, when used alone, to promote cycling as an alternative to single-occupancy motor vehicularism.