Old 05-12-07, 01:49 PM
Retem
Paste Taster

Bikes: , Jury Bike, Moto Outcast 29, Spicer standard track frame and spicer custom steel sprint frame.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah I am just being the cynical sacramento bike advocate type guy. I completely understand the purpose of bike commute month/week I am just saying that the people that only commute via bike because its a special month/day/week are kinda lame when we live in california with our beautiful weather and scenery. the horribly sad thing is in sacramento we have 500 miles of beautiful wild bike trail that simply can't be beat.
but we still have people driving their big suvs 6 blocks to the bike trail to ride their bikes when they live along a route or a place with a marked lane.
as far as traffic calming and bike lanes go I cn ony speak for my adopted city and drivers seldom obey markings bike lanes divides medians they simly don't care and don't mind the law.
I do appreciate the efforts that cities like berkeley and davis have made they are both very well thought out as far as population dense developement goes sf and sacramento still have a long way to go to accomplish these things granted drivers are infinitly more aware in sf than in sacramento but oh well its flat here.