Old 05-13-07, 04:00 AM
cs1

Bikes: Specialized, Schwinn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by old and new
there are truly frames that won't do. Lugged frames are no exception.Frame material plays a major part as well. I got yammered off the Clydesdale forum for speaking my mind already from a couple of 300 pounders but so what. 753 for example is not acceptable for heavy riders, over 200 lbs so I've been told by :Bilenky, Sachs, Bob Jackson and others. Deda makes tubing that's the big NO-GO for 180 + EOM 16.5 is one example. 753 is no longer, that Deda and others still are used. Reynolds 853 is stiff "good" for large riders, probably fine but reynolds by the way,classifies rider over 175 as "large". I weigh 230-240, I'm too heavy,I make no bones about it. Some frames I ought not to ride. I can't ride my cousin's Arabian mare either, it's a Morgan or Hack horse for me. I accept the laws of physics and logic that prevails.
I'm riding a Waterford 1200 in 753. I'm glad that I weigh 150 lbs. Seriously, where did you come up with those weight limitations. My 230 lb brother is looking for a new frame. Does aluminum have the same restrictions?

Tim