Thread: To Mom's
View Single Post
Old 05-13-07, 08:58 AM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
My Mama continues to inspire and amaze me. At 74, she may have slowed down a little, but she is still a bundle of energy making sure everyone and everything around her is taken care of. She loves her family and she loves the world.
She was a Registered Nurse who became an administrator. In the 60s, she was an active proponent of racial integration in the state psychiatric hospital where she worked. She continues to be active in her church. She and my Daddy have made numerous trips in the past several years to Indonesia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida and around Georgia helping feed local people and relief workers in areas struck by natural disasters. She has me and my wife and kids signed up to join them on a trip to New Orleans this summer to help rebuild homes.
Whatever organizational skills and civic-mindedness may be present in me were nurtured and continue to be inspired by Mama. I love her very much.
And don't let me forget, that woman can cook a meal!