View Single Post
Old 05-14-07, 11:16 PM
Dr.Deltron

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Fenlason
How do you like it?
I love this rig!!! It has performed flawlessly for 4 years now.
You just have to like talking to people though. You can't go anywhere without answering questions!
And comments are a million per mile along the bike trail!

Recently I have taken to letting my 6 yr old pilot the beast. (affectionately known as Tigger; orange and a tandem, get it? Tee Eye Double Gu Rrr.) I have a piece of rope that has loops on both ends. I hook the loops over the brake levers and use them like reins from the stoker seat. So my 6 yr old can steer & brake, but I have control, if he heads in the wrong direction. He did pull a quick turn the other day and nearly flipped us, but I corrected quickly and on we went.

And of course we get even MORE looks & comments when he Captains!

I highly recommend getting one, if you have the space to park it!
I have a motor winch & pulley system for parking ours in the rafters.

I had to make a special tool for tightening the Captain/Stoker chain. The owners manual said to adjust the Captains boom first, and then the Stokers cranks. I do just the opposite. I adjust the Stokers cranks and then use my tool to tighten the Captain/Stoker chain. If you get one and have questions about this, PM me and I'll elaborate with more words & pics.

As for transporting it, I use a 3 bike Hollywood folding rack on my '91 Honda Accord. Takes less than 5 minutes to load/unload it, And it's good to 90+ m.p.h. (don't ask how I know this)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
oncar3.jpg (94.8 KB, 60 views)