spearce
Cherch!!!11!1!Juan!Juan!

Bikes: Giant OCR1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zimbo
I love this thread and I'm glad it gets bumped from time to time...

Perhaps "moving you forcibly" is a stretch, but using one's hand to direct another cyclist happens ALL THE TIME at elite levels of cycling. On the Wednesday night group ride around here if you take a turn in the rotating paceline and you pull through too hard, someone is going to yell "whoa" or (gently) grab your jersey pocket to let you know you're surging; if you don't pull through hard enough, someone is going to yell "pull through, pull through" or (gently) push you from behind.

If it happens to you, please know that it's not a personal attack. You're being taught with terseness, and chances are good that someone will come up to you after the pace slows back down to explain what you did wrong.

I say this because that's how I learned. And, in fact, I'm still learning.

--Steve
understood and i have no problem with the conditions you have stated. The OP did not present the situation as such and from the tone of his earlier posts i'm pretty sure it wasn't a "hey there how ya doing" type of jersey grab. i'm actually pretty anxious to get started with some of these group pace line rides so that i can get a better understanding about this thing.