Old 05-16-07, 08:17 AM
coyboy

Bikes: Easy Racer Tour Easy, Bumblebeast (off road recumbent), Trek 5.2 Pilot, Rans Dynamik, Rans Alterra Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by maxine
About 5 years ago I had an OCR3, which is essentially your bike, but with cheaper components. I

The triple is a good thing; I don't remember what it came with, but you should probably install the lowest-geared cassette that will fit in the back.

Tires might be problematic. The frame might not have clearance for anything bigger than 25c (maybe 28?)

Of course, I haven't looked at the OCR2/3 lately, maybe it's been redesigned.

Good luck, and have fun!
I dont think they have changed them much. I would definately agree that he will need to at least change the rear cassette. I have an 05 520 and my climbing ability on steep roads as different as night and day. The 520 gets a bad rap for too high gearing but it is geared way lower then my 2006 OCR3. If the OP know he will be touring on flat terrain then it might be OK as is *if he can get the load carrying problem solved. My thinking would be get a touring bike. There are several good ones available and he might find a good used one if he keeps a lookout. And he should end up not spending a lot more because upgrading cassettes and weheel sets will add up and he still wont have a great touring bike.