Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambler
Kona seems to be American. Their headquarters are located in Washington. However, they do business in Europe and Canada as well.
Yeah thewir office is in Washington. However if you ask around or even write the company they do claim and I have heard many times it is canadian. The biggest kona dealer in the world is a Canadian company called Cove (they alo make bikes) and I have heard it from them as well...maybe a partnership...

You are getting what you pay for. To be honest I would normally recommend the Oryx DD (desert dueler I think) as it is meant for the type of riding you described. I realize you are trying to save money but you are going to abuse you bike. The bike you are looking at is xc. Not as strong, stiff or even the right geometry for jumping or urban.

I would say to increase your price range to 9ish...the fork and frame will be the proper type and strong enough for initial use. The suntour fork is crap and I would try to get a low end marz. Take a look at the Kona Scrap or Specialized p series for examples.