View Single Post
Old 05-16-07, 06:46 PM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete Fagerlin
I don't know. That's your assumption so you should be the one with the answer, right?
I can answer it, but it's just my opinion so I figured I'd go to the source. You tend to prey on foolish statements (I've seen you post in the MTB forum) or in the case of HH, what you perceive to be or intentionally misinterpret as foolish statements. I can't figure out if it's the former of the latter with HH but I'm leaning towards the latter if for no other reason than I don't see the foolishness in his statements whereas I have seen it in others that you've jumped on.

Originally Posted by Pete Fagerlin
Yes I'm being serious and I thought your pink flamingo example was just as silly as some of the things that Mr. Head has posted.

chipcom- "Again, if you don't pay attention to everything - especially things out of the ordinary, in your environment, how do you determine what is relevant and not relevant?"

you- "Because the pink flamingo isn't going to jump out into the road in front of me. "

you- "I didn't notice that pink flamingo just like I didn't notice the fountain in the middle of the flower bed because it's not going anywhere"

How do you know there's a flamingo there, let alone a pink one, if you don't pay attention? You noticed it, therefore you paid attention to it.
You missed this comment by Chip:

"I am serious. You mean to tell me that things about your commute route, 'relevant' or not, don't stick in your mind? That goofy looking tree, that house with the pink flamingo out front, the home with the blue lawn, the cherry trees in that park that look so beautiful in the spring, the place where the paint has been worn off the fog line for the last year, the car that passes you every morning with the garfield doll hangning on the side window, etc. etc. etc? If not, I'd have to question your frequency in commuting too."

Apparently, if I don't notice what kind of yard ornaments I pass on my way to work, I must not really commute too often. He's confusing the act of seeing something somewhere in my field of view with actually taking notice of something.