View Single Post
Old 05-17-07, 06:56 PM
ppyo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Has anyone seen the tv series called "Long Way Round". Its a travel documentary with Ewan MacGregor (the actor, ie StarWars) and his friend Charlie Borman. They ride their BMW motorbikes from London to New York via Europe, Kazakstan, Mongolia, Russia, Canada and USA. Its awesome!

This is the series that sparked my interest in recording my tour. Albeit mine will be a solo tour of New Zealand, i would love to make a travel doco in the same style as the Long Way Round.

I have seen Mike Bauchamps video. His camera extension arm is very ingenious. Im thinking of making mine a bit more articualted and also able to mounted on the front (to look towards me when i ride), on the seat post (to look over my back) as well as on the side. From what ive read NZ campsites are pretty good, with power and kitchens, so i dont think there will too much trouble to recharge batteries.

I regards to bullet cameras, i believe that they output quite good quality video now. There are even some wireless ones which might be the ticket for me as then i dont have to worry about cables all over my bike.

So ppl think that miniDV is the best? Ive heard other ppl say minDV give the best quality..but what about High Def harddisk camcorders? I suppose the negative with hard disk is that you HAVE to brind a laptop to download the video, whereas with minDV you dont.