View Single Post
Old 05-18-07, 02:16 PM
schwinnderella

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 29 Posts
strange ebay

Here is my strangest experience as a seller,nothing to do with bikes.
I bought a inboard boat brochure (I do not remember the brand) at a garage sale for 25 cents and listed it on ebay.I was most surprised when the auction ended at $108.00.
Shortly after the end of the auction I received an email from someone saying if the deal fell through he would give me $200.00 for the brochure.
Shortly after that the winning bidder emailed to say that no one would pay $108.00 for that brochure!He offered something around half of the winning bid.I was not sure where he was coming from as that is what he bid and won the auction.
At this point I began to wonder if there was some sort of scam at work but I could not see what it was.I thought perhaps once I let the winner off the hook the other person would no longer be interested.I did not see how I had much to lose as it looked like the winner would not pay for it anyway So
I told the winning bidder that if he did not want to pay the $108.00 I would let him off the hook and relist it.After 10 days when I had not heard from him ,nor received his payment I emailed the guy who offered $200.00 for it,told him the deal fell through and I would sell to him for $200.00.I was certain he would no longer be interested or would offer to pay the winning amount of $108.00 or even less.Not so he sent me a money order for $200.00 and I sent him the brochure.