cydewaze
Emondafied

Bikes: See sig

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think this seat's gotta go

Last fall, I picked up a new Specialized Toupe Team saddle to replace my aging Flite Ti. The Flite was good - I've been using one version of it or another for over a decade - but every once in a while, some things down there would get tingly.

So I tried out the Toupe, and noticed there was no "taint" pressure, leaving all my weight on the sit bones. It was a little rough at first, but I figured that was normal because I have 10+ years of "Flite butt".

This season however has been no picnic. Even though I've gotten a really slow start to the season, I'm enough rides in for the butt to be settled. But it's not. On every ride, the sit bones are screaming. It takes around 15 miles before they finally quiet down, but they're still sore.

Tonight I checked closer, and I've developed two strawberry-sized lumps under the skin, right where the sit bones are. I guess it's just bruised flesh, but it's something I've never had before.

I might have to switch back to the Flite. My rides are really getting to be a drag like this.

my bike page - my journal
Current Stable: Trek Emonda SL - Trek Top Fuel 8 - Scattante XRL - Jamis Dakar Expert - Trek 9700 - AlpineStars Al Mega