View Single Post
Old 05-21-07, 02:21 PM
lutz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hello Mihlbach,

that is exactly the questionable design I was writing about. Great if it works for you; just looking at the design I am guessing you were one of the lucky ones for whom the shoe sole shape and the horseshoe pontoons and the pedals produced a perfect fit. Have a look at the roadbike reviews site at the reviews of bikeboy389 and nerdag which are describing the problem.
I am looking for new pedals myself and have not tried the crank brothers quattro yet. The horseshoes should definitely help with walking anyhow; regarding the "platform" I am not a believer yet.
Thanks for your experiences!

Originally Posted by mihlbach
The quattro-specific cleat fits over the entire platform. If you use the standard eggbeater cleat, then you get no advantage from the platform. The much larger quattro cleat (3-bolt pattern for a road shoe) includes a hard plastic piece that conforms to the whole platform. I use my quattros with both mountain shoes with the tiny eggbeater cleat, and with road shoes with the correct quattro cleat and there is a dramatic difference between the two in terms of stability and long term comfort.