Thread: help please
View Single Post
Old 05-22-07, 03:26 PM
Air
Destroyer of Wheels

Bikes: Surly LHT, Dahon folding bike. RIP Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Your lbs should check your general measurements like height and inseam to get the right sized frame. Then when it comes they should do a more indepth measurement to adjust the handlebars, stem, and seat to the right positions.

In terms of drops vs straight - I say Trekking bars! I was having a really hard time dialing in my roadie. [Rereading Brown Rat's post - I was trying to ride in the drops the whole time because I found the hoods dangerous - but I'm an anomoly]. Once I put them on they really solved my wrist problems though of course everyone is different. The nice thing is that you can get about six different hand positions on it (being creative) to solve any comfort issues. Check my sig for a few other discussions on straight vs drop, plenty of people change the handlebars since they don't take full advantage of the drop position.

I did get a few comments on the Century I just completed from one or two roadies asking why I took a hybrid. Nevermind the tires or the frame geometry. Posers!

It's the year of the enema!