Thread: help please
View Single Post
Old 05-22-07, 06:38 PM
Air
Destroyer of Wheels

Bikes: Surly LHT, Dahon folding bike. RIP Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by archermd
what are "posers"
i've seen that term several times
still lost and can't decide about the bars
ugh again

Ride. Ride. Ride. Put at least 50-100 miles on it. Then decide on the handlebars. The bars are cheap on the whole continuum of parts to get, you're looking at $25-40 for a decent one and then *maybe* $20 for your lbs to change them. That's if you're uncomfortable. I'll make a prediction - starting off you'll probably want to be more upright and as you gain strength gradually be more over. Make sure that the stem can accomodate that change - something to ask the lbs.

There's a really unfortunate part of this whole biking thing which has been said here a few times - you won't know that you need until YOU actually start riding. What type of bike? Ride a few. Bars? Ride some more. Yeah, you may spend some money on stuff you may not use. But then you'll know if/when you get another one.

I know now off the bat when I do get another road bike I will start off with these trekking bars. I really love them and solves a lot of issues I've had with my wrists on both my mtb and this road bike. So that was my lesson. I wound up paying $40 for the set of al drop bars that will probably go up on ebay or something.

It's the year of the enema!