Old 05-24-07, 10:50 AM
Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sbhikes
How the heck does support of cycling for the masses end up being about getting hooked by an impatient car parker?
The day you realize the connection will be the day you finally understand what I've been talking about all these years. Until you make that realization about the connection, probably not. For a hint, reread the last few posts in the exchange Gene and I are having.

This morning I was riding OUTSIDE the bike lane stripe in the lane on a residential street and yet a truck, who had only just pulled into the street and so was going my speed, insisted he had to pass me. Naturally this required he pass into oncoming traffic, which in this case was present, and really step on the gas, this enveloping me in a cloud of noxious fumes. Did the bike lane cause this?
Yes, quite probably the bike lane was an influencing factor. After all, being outside of the bike lane you were likely to be doing something wrong in the eyes of truck driver, so he may have felt justified in teaching you a lesson.