View Single Post
Old 05-24-07, 02:28 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by giant_kyle
I was told by our LBS that gary fisher bikes are smaller, and that i'd not fit on them. remember 6'7"

My riding partner is same size and weight. 6 years ago he got a Giant Boulder.Write ups on the frame were good but with the proviso that parts were not top knotch but the bike was cheap. This has proved the case. We got the wheels changed to a different stronger set under warranty as he had problems. Drive train and he knocked out bottom brackets but under warranty again. Forks at that time were rubbish And he got by till out of warranty and then we got Rockshox Judys that have lasted. And on the brakes- The cheap Giant Disc brakes work. I haven't used them but they are OK.

For your weight and height- the Giant is a good bike. Be prepared for a few replacement parts but at this price you are not going to get a top rate bike. The frame is worth building on though So look at it from that perspective. And as my mate has found out- it will take your weight and will last. He has a 23" by the way, but can ride his sons 21" Giant so look at standover height before settling on frame size. Test the size for fit in other words. You may not need a 24" frame.

Spike Milligan