Miles2go
Zen Master

Bikes: Cervelo R5 - SuperSix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 42 Posts
Hey all.

My schedule has been bouncing around as we're flying late lately up at Hill airplane patch. On Wednesday I rode into work at 5PM. I took Harrison to 89, hopped on 89 heading south where I saw a roadie with a pack on his back going the other way. This takes my by Weber Canyon and those wonderful gravel pits, not to mention the climb. Then I hit what I think is just called 163 to Hill's south gate. I saw another roadie with a pack heading opposite me on 163. This is a 40ish minute gig punctuated by 8 flights of stairs.
My counterpart surprised me with one of the shop cameras. I was looking down as I climbed and heard him say, "You need to learn how to run with that thing." (cyclocross joke) As I looked up...snap....

Obviously if I came in at 5pm it's gonna be a dark ride home. 130AM temps had me suited up with my rain gear. There was a nice big moon but its light was blocked by mostly cloudy skies which made for very dark streets. Traffic was light, down to about 2 cars every few minutes. A couple of them slowed way down beside me, and I wasn't sure what they had on their minds. Next time I'm riding home this late I'll be taking Riverdale road where there's more visibility and alternate paths along the route. The wind was coming through Weber Canyon pretty good which had me leaning over pretty far to keep going straight.

My wife commutes to the north and on Tuesday she suffered front and rear flats due to goathead thorns. I run Schwalbe Marathon XRs on my cross bike which are pretty resistant to flatting. She's getting Conti TravelContacts put on her commuter bike tomorrow and they should do better than the Conti Town & Countrys that they replace.

Anyone else tuned in here commute to or around Hill?

Tailwinds,