View Single Post
Old 05-26-07, 12:24 AM
Muttsta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Day 22 – Smooth Sailing – 163.77 km
I stayed up quite late last night. It was not because I could not sleep, but rather I had to watch the season finale of ABC’s show “Lost”. Absolutely brilliant finale, I won’t ruin it for you if you haven’t seen it yet, but it was simply awesome. If you don’t watch Lost, you really should!

Being as I got a mere five and a half hours of sleep, I figured today would be a rough today where I wouldn’t be able to cover much distance. Luckily that proved to be quite wrong. A great breakfast combined with an early start, great weather, and smooth roads turned out to be quite the good combination, an absolutely great day for cycling.

Although I covered quite a bit of road today, the day was actually quite uneventful. The highlight of my day was seeing five bears at once, a large black bear along with its four cubs. I remember that someone recently told me that if I come across eight bears at once, I’m better off just spraying myself with the bear spray and hoping for the best. I decided that really wasn’t necessary in this case, luckily!

The only other highlight of my trip was buying some souvenir at an antique store, which of course I talked the price down for. May I point out that I have not yet once paid full price for any lodging/camping or souvenirs on this trip. It may not seem like your saving much, but it really does add up! What can I say, I’m quite the economist!

Remember to check out my website for photos. If you’re feeling extra generous you can also make a donation, just as every kilometer counts so does every dollar!