View Single Post
Old 05-28-07, 07:55 PM
hammond9705

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 105 Posts
Flats, Patches and a Ruined Ride

So I was on a long ride Sat and noticed a slow leak about mile 25. I stopped and did what I normally do- felt inside the tire for any debris (didn't find anything), replaced the tube, and went on my way. About 5 miles later I had another slow leak. Figured it was the same problem and took the tire completely off and carefully searched the inside and found only a small cut that didn't feel sharp. Covered it with a Park tire boot, and put in my last new tube. You know what happened, flat again in a couple of miles. Tried to patch it with the Park glueless patches, and went on my way. Flat again in a few miles. I tried patching a few more times, and never made it far. I had a hard time with the glueless patches.

Are these glueless patches any good? Or should I get a regular patch kit? I haven't used them in years since I normally just throw the tubes away.

I know that the better way to do it, is to carefully take out the tube, find the whole in the tube, and use that to find the problem in the tire. I just don't bother doing that anymore since I never have problems like this.

Eventually gave up and called my wife who had to drive 2 hours to get me. Not good.