View Single Post
Old 05-29-07, 08:44 PM
funkee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another so-so experience at American where I was assisted by some young kid who came off kinda cocky. Anyway, I went in to check out the Brooks saddles and accidently refered to the model I was interested in as the "N-17" (for some reason the NC-17 rating system came to mind), instead of refering to it correctly as the B-17.
Any normal (non *******) that knows anything about bikes (such as one who works in a bike shop) would have plainly seen my mistake since there are not all that many Brooks models to confuse, but this guy just played dumb and refused to show me the seat until I finally asked for the it by "B-17", which eventually came to me.

Not only that, my girl friend, who doesnt know much about bikes, was with me and asked why the seat was so expensive since it appeared to be nothing more than a piece of leather and a frame. And he proceeded to go on a rant on how he "personally thinks they suck anyway"--In a rather elitist tone. He's entitled to that opinion, but there are ways to express it tackfully, especially if your in a sales position.

Not a huge deal, but beware of the "I know way more than you do" attitude.