View Single Post
Old 05-30-07, 11:09 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The bike trail under construction that runs past my subdivision is almost the rival of the Elroy-Sparta trail. It has one old train tunnel (the only curved tunnel in Wisconsin), an old train bridge, it runs for miles through woods and alongside rivers, and goes right through a few small towns. It connects to multiple other trails, and will connect into Madison and two more trails next year.

There are pie shops in Belleville, Monticello, Monroe, and connects to trails that take you to New Glarus, Brodhead, and Freeport, IL, which also have pie shops.

When it is completed, it will connect to more trails and more pie shops, in Dodgeville, Verona, Mt. Horeb, and multiple ones in Madison. The complete system will then consist of:
- Military Ridge Trail 40 miles
- Capitol City Trail 17 miles
- Madison SW Bike Path 7 miles
- Badger State Trail 40 miles (this is the new trail that passes my house)
- Sugar River Trail 23 miles
- Jane Addams Trail (Illinois) 13 miles

A total of 140 miles of interconnected rail trails, where the only time you ride on a road is when you are crossing over one.

Its grand opening for the southern segment is scheduled for late June or on July 1.

I am a very lucky man.