Thread: Total Geekiness
View Single Post
Old 05-31-07, 09:57 AM
nightc1
Top Speed 53.1mph

Bikes: GMC Denali Road Bike ($150), Generic MTB ($50)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I read much of the first 6 or so pages of the thread then skipped reading and just looked at the pics posted between there and here ... and maybe read the last couple pages. A pretty good wealth of info. I'm not too worried about a battery source.. there's lots of options out there... just curious if anyone has used those offroad or fog lamps. I like how small they were. Very comparable to those on your bike but more a rectangular oval. I could probably get by with just one of them.

That's a seriously geeked out bike. I saw one of the pics you posted earlier where the lights weren't shown. I'm considering the whole extra bar up front since there's not really much room on my road bike for lights unless I fabricate some mounts.

As for a tail light, I'll probably go for something from a motorcycle shop or a shop locally that sells semi truck parts. I'll hit some autoparts stores locally as well and check supply. $15 for two nice offroad lights though seemed like a good deal from walmart.

So I don't really have many Q's at this point. Just didn't want to invest some $$ on something that might be too unusual in the light geeking world.