Old 06-04-07, 12:31 PM
heywood

Bikes: 2013 Brodie Section 8 , 2014 Easy Motion Neo City e-bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by scottyk
Strange how peoople call you weird for riding your bike. But people who religiously study baseball, NASCAR or whatever are the normal ones.
Yes, and the people that follow those sports (is NASCAR a sport?) are usually the ones that would be the most unlikely to every play them, but like the armchair generals they usually are they'll heap no end of criticism on those who don't fit their 'world view'.

Love to see a 200lb chair bound cager go up & down the basketball court a few times or survive two laps in a real automobile race...they'd be eaten alive.

All my neighbours think my bike riding is great since I moved about two years ago. My wife doesn't really get it but I think she's really just envious 'cause without a car she's screwed. My friends from my heavy car driving days thought I was 'silly' and I was just going through a phase, one of them went bankrupt a while back and was forced to give up driving for transit, when I suggested he try biking he just shook his head and said he 'couldn't'...never found out why.. Oh well screw 'em..

I've got friends, freedom and way too much stuff to do..

Good question...good thread..