View Single Post
Old 06-05-07, 04:16 PM
acroy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Personally, I have a real problem with how Diet Coke makes me FAT. I drink it all the time, and can't get rid of the last 10lbs!

j/k , though identifying Causality when it comes to race & economic background may be a fool's errand, due to the politically & emotionally explosive nature of the beast

I honestly lean towards the belief that there is no excuse, no reason, for an able-bodied person to be poor. I know first-hand in my and my peer's jobs: companies have a hard time attacting and keeping good mid-paid people ($12-17/hr). All they really need to do is be reliable, just show up: no special skills needed! Yet the job market must be really good, cause they get bored after a few weeks, quit showing up, don't bother to call in... and get on "unemployment" till it runs out.

I don't give a tiny little rat's rear what your color is, where you used to live, what you watch on tv, what kind of accent you speak with, who you vote for; all I want is for you to show up on time and drive the dang forklift safely. In other words: to do the job you're getting paid for!

We have an epidemic of Laziness in this country. And a scarsity of personal responsibility, imho.