View Single Post
Old 06-07-07, 02:36 PM
sbhikes
Dominatrikes

Bikes: Catrike Pocket, Lightning Thunderbold recumbent, Trek 3000 MTB.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete Fagerlin
Originally Posted by HH
That's why I (sometimes) "weave and zigzag while riding in the bike lane... to get their attention in order to inhbit them from choosing to attend to a distraction until they've passed me.

That's why I do things to try to cause cars to slow down and move left before they pass me while riding in the bike lane: so I can confirm that the drivers have noticed and are not choosing to attend to a distraction.
I can't think of a better example of Motorcar Phobia.
I usually don't read HH much, but man that's a doozy! I can't think of a better example of cyclist inferiority complex or fear from the rear myself! Or bike lane phobia.

When I ride, bike lane or no bike lane, I keep a consistent straight line to the best of my ability. If I actually need to gain anyone's attention I wave, give a look, signal or honk. If all else fails, and my attempt to gain attention fails and it looks like I might be in for disaster, I get out of the way. Otherwise, we all just proceed along like normal vehicles. I'm not so scared I need to force people to freak out, slow way down and drive a huge arc around me as if I'm radioactive.