Old 06-08-07, 08:04 AM
willtsmith_nwi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fjyang
I've been riding motorcycles since I was 16, longer than I've been driving and much longer than mountain biking....so just because I come back to riding bicycle for health reason after 15 years, I'll have no clue on hydraulic brakes? I have change pads, bleeding brake lines and replace master cyclinders on cars and motorcycles perhaps when you still on diapers. The basic concept of hydraulic brake have not chagne since your born so you're no enlighting us with any new stuff here.

People use toilets all there life without having a clue about how they work. Experience is helpful but it does not necessarily equate to understanding.

Everyone is allowed their own opinion. You are not allowed your own facts. You substitute your "experience" for basic laws of physics and claim these are facts ... they are not.

You cannot use hydraulics (non-boosted) to amplify force indefinitely and still have the system work. If you amplify the force in your hand by a factor of 30, you reduce travel by a factor of 30. At some point you will have so little travel that you would have to have the rotors in contact with the pads in order for the system to engage. Mechanicals have already go this whipped and if you don't believe me, try some cantilever levers with mechanical disc brakes. To assert that you can amplify the force indefinitely without affecting travel means that you are getting power from an external source. You must identify that source or admit that your theory breaks the 2nd law of thermodynamics (which is a contradiction).

A larger rotor vs a smaller rotor for the same force applied to identical pads as the rotor DOES move over the caliper faster and this generates heat. Thats energy and it has to come from somewhere. It comes from kinetic energy of the bicycle. To assert otherwise you need to cite where that energy is coming from or admit you're breaking the 2nd law of thermodynamics (which is a contradiction).

fjyang, you're theory does not stand up to scrutiny. It's probably best to go read up on what we are telling you and then drop it.

Last edited by willtsmith_nwi; 06-08-07 at 08:24 AM.