View Single Post
Old 06-08-07, 11:55 AM
TIOS
Going on a Paramount Hunt

Bikes: 1987 Eisentraut Rainbow Trout, 1970? Coppi, 1986 TREK 500 Tri Series, 196? Legnano Super Sport, 1993 Klein Rascal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by retyred
No Tios, you have it all wrong. Send me the Legnano and you can keep the change. Then I'll feel better!! all kidding aside, my first "real" bicycle was a 1961 or '62 Legnano very similar to yours. $110.00 out the door. Can almost pay that much for the Headbadge now. Good luck.
Hey retyred, if the deal goes down like that I'm not sure if I will feel as good though! I had to drop it off at my storage and I haven't had the time to examine it much yet. Chrome should clean up nicely but the paint condition tells me it's going to need a bit of work. Remember anything else about your early 60's Legnano? This one has a TTT stem and TTT "TOURIST" handlebars on it and I think steel San Remo 27 x 1 1/4" rims. I do have the front derailleur cage for it as well but it was tied onto the seatpost and I had to take it off to get it into my car and I pocketed it. Thats some interesting lever action going on there with that front derailleur.
1993 Klein Rascal

"...Because I don't know what I'm talking about..."