View Single Post
Old 06-08-07, 01:20 PM
sirpoopalot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maracski
Thank you for the link. I'm looking over the old posts now. Very good information. Except that I really don't want to drill the fork. I just don't. For a few reasons, including that I'm guessing it won't be possible. The clearance is really tight. That's why I specifically asked for information on fork replacement options, not how to drill the fork. Links are good though, as reference resource.
in those threads- someone inevitably mentions the keirin adaptors, and someone inevitably mentions the new fork route, and usually gives a link. if you look through all those threads, you should be able to find everything you need.

i think you have 3, maybe 4 options, summarized below:

drill the current fork- you might need a super super short reach brake to fit the fork, "purity" issues
find a new drilled fork (custom or stock)- a stock fork will be a different color, and you won't find one that has the exact same geometry/crown/blade configuration, custom you get whatever you want, but is lots of $$$
clamp on keirin adaptor- kinda a bit of a hack, substandard option- looks super super ugly
new bike/frame- buying a new bike is always fun!