Old 06-09-07, 01:22 PM
RC_spinner

Bikes: 90's Fuji, bought off ebay, Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What a GREAT ride! This was my first of many rallies to come. I got there around 7:40 and parked on the grass and hustled over to registration (note to self:always preregister). that didnt take as long as I thought it would and by the time I was done and going to the truck to put the wallet away, I heard the start command. That was when I saw cuda making his dash to his truck, kinda comical, us wasting all that energy and we havent even clipped in yet .

Cuda, I saw you turn into the pack and I almost caught up with you, but I think you got to the left quickly (and wisely) and I got hung up on the right. At the next rally maybe we can meet at a predetermind site and rollout together.

As for the ride itself, I rode the 34 miler, the guy at the turnoff needed to call it out a little louder though. I thought the road were in great shape with any trouble spots clearly marked. How about that landfill smell eh? There were some nice decents that sort of catipulted me on the ensuing uphill, but man, were there some tough climbs, acouple of sidewinders as well. At least the rest stops were at the top A nice supply of water or Powerade was found at rest stop #2, along with crackers and such.

After the ride I went into the HS cafeteria and had some breakfast burritos and water, sat down and talked to few others , mentioned Bikefourms and finally got out of there.

The Stats:

Time of 1hr 56min exactly

Distance:31.2mi (how do you come up almost 3 miles short?)

Avg 16.1 mph not bad considering the slow rollout

Max 34.7mph (WHEEEEEEE, oh wait, I gotta go uphill now?)

Overall I think my body had 44 miles in the tank, so maybe next time

A BIG THANK YOU AND THUMBS UP TO THE SUPPORT STAFF AND COLLIN COUNTY SHERRIFF'S OFFICE AND THE OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT THAT HELPED MAKE THIS RIDE A GREAT ONE. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Chris