View Single Post
Old 06-10-07, 07:59 AM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by derath
Ok Baltimorians. I am in need of some advice again. I am going to the Orioles/Nats game on tuesday with some friends (If anyone wants to go let me know. My friend bought like 14 tickets and then everyone backed out). I was planning on biking to work tuesday, and then getting a ride with someone to the game, keeping my bike in their trunk. And then either biking home or metro/bike.

1. I need to get to the Reisterstown area. I am likely thinking metro+ bike will be the best since it will already be kinda late. But I am wondering about the safety of biking to the lexington market area at 11pm at night to catch the train. OR should I consider biking to an alternate metro stop?

2. If I were to bike home, what would be a decent/safe route for the middle of the night.

3. I guess I could also take the light rail north to a certain point and hop off to ride the rest of the way home as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks

-D

Hey I hate to be a curmudgeon old man but I never(well almost never, ok rarely) ride a route at night that I haven't ridden during the day. This is especially true for city streets because of potholes and storm drains in the gutters. If you really want to ride I would try the subway/bike combo. Light rail might not allow bikes during games. I know DCs metro is not bike friendly during busy times(rush hours, mall events). Not certain about baltos subway. Barry knows the NW corridor really well so I would trust his route.

PS Barry I just saw your email from early this week I think I'm too late to send the OP something Sorry.