View Single Post
Old 06-11-07, 12:02 AM
Todd Richards
GranitCurbVia53x11Sprint

Bikes: Cervelo R2.5 Campy Record 10, Dean Ti 'Cross, Merlin Agilis (road), Litespeed Obed (mb), Basso (ss/fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
unsure if it's related but I have some side-to-side play in my ut chorus crankset. it seems tha tthe ut crankset needs the bottom bracket spacing to be exactly 68mm. mine seemed to be .1mm or so on the narrow side, as when first installed the mech could press on the non drive side at the base of the crankarrm inward (along axis of bearings) and produce a little wiggle. we removed and placed a spacer between the bb shell and the outboard bearing, and the wiggle was reduced. adding another made the crank to tight, no wiggle but ddin't spin as good. a call to campy didn't really help, they seemed to think the mech didn't know what he was doing, which was very far from the truth. great guy with lots of expereince. anyway i've ridden it and although i can still produce the wiggle when i press against it as described above, i can't feel it when i ride. but it sounds as though this 'gyroscopic' feel you have might be caused by this small amount of play.