Old 05-02-04, 08:48 AM
STH1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
51 year old newbie

Hey Folks,

Am catching a new fever I think. I want a bike only not sure what to get...Hybrid...or...Mtn Bike...or...Comfort Bike. At my age comfort is very importance especially after sitting behind a desk for the last 30 years. I once had a really nice Schwinn 10 speed when I lived in South Florida but have not owned a bike for some 25 years. I do have a nice stationary recumbant exercise cycle that I use to keep some level of fitness but havent used it regularly.

Curretly based on reading only I like the Gary Fisher Dual Sport 129, Trek 7700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra and the Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 HeadShok. I basically think I want comfort, versatility and performance in that order. Lockout front shocks make sense to me as an engineer even tho some say you dont need the extra weight. I dont think weight is going to be a problem for me.

I envision that I will ride mostly on pavement with an occational excursion off road. Of course if it were comfortable to ride off road or say on an old cobblestone road then I would use it more for that. But if I were on a road bike I would be stuck riding only on smooth pavement. I really dont want to limit myself to one style of riding. Variety is the spice of life for me.

So buy 3 bikes? That is what I usually do. Buy one of each then the bases are covered. But, I am retired for the most part and cant afford my usual level of consumerism.

Any ideas from the biker community are much appreciated.
Thank you guy's for any input you may have.

Stan