Old 06-11-07, 05:11 AM
Jet Travis
Ride Daddy Ride

Bikes: 1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Terrierman
Hey! I found a partner who wants to ride it with me! BF is the best ever!

Thanks all for the encouraging words. I'm gonna give it a shot.

Advice that I hear:

Eat right. Actually, I try to eat well most of the time anyway. I've read about glycogen packing before endurance events and will try a bit of that pre-ride. I still remember the pics of the spaghetti and meatballs that BluesDawg posted up, I can handle that. I also see that eating during the ride will be needed too. I'll have to ask what they will have at the rest stops and try to figure out if I need to carry some food of some sort on ly own. And a big ten four on drinking plenty of liquids. Screwed that one up Thursday night and will not willingly repeat that one. I am on a diuretic for BP and will ask the doc about maybe laying off it for a couple of days before and day of the ride.

Try another longer ride before June 30. I can see that as a very good suggestion and will work one in. Next weekend, weather and Lovey permitting.

Don't try to go too fast too soon. More good words that make all the sense in the world to me.

Take breaks, but keep them short. That makes a lot of sense too.

Ride the 62 and if you feel OK, do the full deal. No can do, they start and end in the same place, but don't follow much of the same route. It's one or the other on this ride.

Expect to feel like crap towards the end. But hang in there. DAMN! I was afraid of that! I'll get back with you on the hanging in there part.
All good advice. I know you can do it. I'd also suggest no hammerhead rides the four or five days before the big event.