Old 06-11-07, 07:16 AM
jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
^^ I ended up 1st over all with 5th place in the RR, 1st in the TT, and 2nd in the crit. It turned out to be a great race as OW and the Juris team showed up. So it was a similar battle ground as the Soto Stage Race. 5 of us broke away from the main attacks at the base of the 8 mile climb. After about 3 miles it was pretty clear that we were in the top 5 spots for the race. I couldn't hang on with the little climbers any more and dropped out of the group with about 3 miles to go. I decided to settle in to 5th place and save energy for the TT and the crit when I look over my shoulder and TV was approaching so I had to hold him back at least 500 meters to the finish so I ended up doing more work for the 5th place then I wanted to. I was really hoping to beat OW up the climb but I underestimated his climbing abilities at Soto we were neck and neck up the final climb, he ended up winning that race.

Later that day I was able to recover enough to at least put in a good effort in the TT. It was about 4.5 miles mostly up hill and into a head wind I just kept tucked in and caught my minute man at the finish line. OW did not get any points for the TT, the climb must have killed him.

Going into the crit OW was 6 points ahead of me. He was racing smart and hard but I noticed when on his wheel that he couldn't corner as fast as I. So On the last lap I wanted to either take the lead into the final corners or find a wheel which I did. This guy was strong as sht! He started his attack with at least 4-500 meters around the two corners and up the long false flat straight away to the finish. I was desperately trying to hold his wheel but that's all I could do. I couldn't even get out of his draft to sprint around him.

All in all it was a good race.