Old 06-11-07, 10:45 AM
veganwar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by operator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC3hFr8p2ck

6:17 They break the krypto chain in about 30 seconds with a bolt cutter.
I stopped using my chain and started using a krypto new york. It's actually rated higher than the chain on kryptos own website.

That lock is even heavier than an nyc chain and probably heavier than the fughataboutit chain. plus, it is nearly impossible to get into a back pocket and weighs so damn much you probably don't want to throw it into your bag. I wear a regular nyc chain with a few extra links dangling and put the lock right around my right hip. Ive have landed on it a few times but not done much damage but I have never had it move up to my ribs from the fall like Yoshi described. It seems common to put the lock all the way in the back but the dangling links were rather uncomfortable and kept hitting my saddle.

Chains can get you locked to more things than a ulock and there is a technique to lock both wheels and the frame to a pole with just the one chain. I start with the back wheel right above the bike's chain, and pull the chain lock around the post and through the front wheel. My back wheel isn't slammed up all the way forward (which would probably make this technique easier) so Ive scratched up my front rim a bit. I feel like there was a thread about this recently on here as someone said they put the shackle of the lock around their rim so as to not scratch the rim. This has worked a few times for me but I doubt it would work with a deep V or anything larger than a 700x23 wheel.