Old 06-14-07, 12:45 PM
kobayashi

Bikes: Giant TCR2, Shimano 105 set

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jinker
Tall Tree Cycles is on Richmond just about one kilometer west of Bushtukah. It's new, a tiny store (two owner/employees) but they seem to give pretty excellent service. They also have a few SS/Fixies in stock and seem to have a clue what they're talking about.

I had two people independently recommend them to me last week due to good experiences there. I haven't had work done there, but they seemed pretty decent, and plan on it in the future.

Caveat for both Bushtukah and R&K's, if you go in during busy hours (afternoon on an weekend?) you're likely going to be talking to some 19 year old salesperson who... well, we'll leave that sentence unfinished.

My recommendation is to take the time to go in during off-peak hours (morning during the week?) when the folks responsible for the floor are ALSO actually wrenching on bikes. The same applies in smaller mom'n'pop type stores, as you're much more likely to be dealing with the manager/owner.
Thanks, I live in Westboro and was curious about the Tall Trees shop. I'll be sure to check it out.

I'd agree with your comment about Bushtukah (never visited R&K) but it is much worse at Tommy & Lefebvre. If MEC has what I'm looking for, I go there.

Also agree that Bushtukah has a great stock of Trek and Scott as well, Fresh Air Experience down Wellington close to Holland carries Giant and Norco.