'nother
semifreddo amartuerer

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by garysol1
I have had my Powertap for about 2 weeks now and I think it is about to come off the bike. The past 2 weeks have been miserable on the bike. It has taken a lot of the fun out of riding for me. Guess I have found my line as to where I take riding to serious and I think it is time to back up across that line again. Anyone else found this out as well that you can take a fun sport and just make it way to serious?
Hmm, haven't had that problem at all. I've had my PT since April.

The key, I think, is to have some kind of structured training plan. If your plan is simply to "ride lots" or always do better than the last time out, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Check out something like Friel's "bible", or trainingpeaks.com's Virtual Coach, or Coggan's book, and develop some kind of plan. I use Virtual Coach; I'm a cheapskate and did not want to shell out for a real coach. I find it very fun, it's a different workout every day, and not always "go harder". Some are easy days, and believe me it can be just as difficult to go easy as it is to go hard.