dmotoguy
Edificating

Bikes: Spooky + Sachs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by le car
I think all these countries are actually quite good for cycling, if only because the general driving population shows cyclists respect and gives them space (esp. in France). Talking about rural riding here.
Where is top 10 material then?

In regards to urban cycling, between Rome and Milan I've only ridden in Milan and it was OK: flat, smallish, and with a growing fixed gear scene. Mind the tram rails and cobblestones though.

I didnt like Milan or Rome for cycling, but the people in Italy give you soo much room and actually pay atention while driving, so its much safer than the usa in general. If you want nice riding think Florence, there is a velodrome and you are minutes away from beautiful climbs in the countryside.. its perfect.. I'll be there for a while this summer.. I'd like to move there in a few years.

Last time I was there, I talked to a few people about moving there, they all said it was very easy, just get a job and you can be a citizen in a few months. Be careful though, there are many undesirables (terrorists) using Italy to get into the EU because of this, there is rising crime and many people I talked to said its getting pretty ****ty. Their economy sucks too... so longterm I'd pick Switzerland.. I love the place.