lvleph
Should be out Riding

Bikes: Bob Jackson Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus
A lot of riding can cause muscle imbalances, particularly between the VMO and VL muscles of the quadriceps. Illiotibial band syndrome can further complicate this, causing knee pain.

Other people try to push gears that are too big, or increase their volume/intensity too much in one shot - both of these can cause knee pain.

And, of course, the numbero uno culprit is probably bad fit.
Best answer I have seen ever on the knee issue. I knew there had to be more to it than just fit.

Originally Posted by Az B
Knee issues run in my family. I think it has something to do with being tall. I have no problems, but I'm the runt at 6'1".

Also, age is a huge factor. At nearly 50, I can easily inspire knee pain by doing stupid crap while I never had any problem 20 years ago.

As for the original poster, you are young. And you may also have good genetics (as far as knees go). Give us a call back in 20 years and I'll bet your story will be different.

Az
In 20 yrs I will be lucky if I am walking. I have broken over 30 bones. It hurts to get out of bed in the morning. Some how my knees are fine though, even after hyper extending both a couple times. Just wish I could say the same for my hands, ankles, and sternum.