View Single Post
Old 06-21-07, 05:50 AM
Lion Steve

Bikes: '06 Raleigh Cadent road bike,'05 Trek 7200 hybrid,' 83 Schwinn Le Tour SS conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by baron von trail
Lion,
Are you saying that you run Springfield to London, r/t? If so, that is some serious biking.
I've only once run YS to London r/t, and it kicked my butt.
I often ride my MTB into Springfield and then take the northern trails: one up to Urbana, the other out to Buck Creek. Ever ride them?
I like the Buck Creek run the best; it's even prettier than the southern runs out of YS, but I hate cutting through Springfield because there is always glass on the trail through town so I refuse to ride anything lighter than the bike with the heaviest tread, plus gator (tuffy) strip (23c racing tires wouldn't survive 5 minutes on that city-trail).
No, I don't log these trips all at once. I sometimes ride to London from Cedarville, but not from Springfield. I'm retired, so I can mix it up daily. I ride the Urbana and Buck Creek trips often. You are right about the glass problem in Springfield. I ride 25c tires and hope for the best. I really try to keep to the middle part of the streets, as much as possibile. I see that you hail from Yellow Springs. My wife and I really like your village. We ride there for lunch and refreshments at Peaches' and the 'Ye Old Tavern quite often.
I think that the Xenia to Spring Valley route is, also, especially pretty. We certainly are blessed with some beautiful trails here in SW Ohio.

Last edited by Lion Steve; 06-21-07 at 06:50 AM.