Old 06-25-07, 07:56 AM
spokenword

Bikes: ANT Club Racer, 2004 Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmike
I've debated going to a bent... just can't see it though - something of a prejudice for the way a DF works. I'm also not sure they'd be effective in the NE for the terrain we have. I can only remember seeing bents on the shorter (200k) Boston Brevets. (I may be wrong...)
this is verging into tangent territory, but bmike, you might want to start a separate thread or at least PM ldesfor1. He did the Boston series this year with another two guys on recumbents. I know that, in general, they tended to finish in the tail end of the pack, mostly because of what you mentioned with hill climbing. They finished the 400 at 26:18, 42 minutes before cutoff, but they still finished.

They also had a really tough time with the 600. When I was leaving Brattleboro at 5:30, I believe that ldesfor1's 'bent was at the motel and that he was supposedly continuing on and just napping for a bit, the other two 'bent riders had DNF'ed around the climb to Stratton ... though, that's unconfirmed and based on control point rumours.