Old 06-25-07, 02:20 PM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by will dehne
You guys know that I am an obsessive biker. I do almost 50 miles/day. Because of that, I am very concerned about comfort, saddles, knees and pain. Any such problems would ground me. I can't have that.
I gave up on my (2) Brooks because of the specific position I had to sit, plus the Brooks sensitivity to moisture in form of rain or sweat. I had a Brooks Champion Flyer and a Pro. Both are destroyed.

I had a simple Gel Serfas and used it Cross Country. I was comfortable as where as the Hot Shot bikers with their Ultra light saddles were in pain. I bought a Treck Madone with a Bontragger Race Light saddle. You must be kidding. This thing is impossible for a series of century's.

I now use the Serfas Gel and two Terry Liberator Gellissimo Saddles. They are fabulous because you can slide forward, backward on them, could not care if they get wet, look decent and do not break the bank.

One thing I do is to get off the saddle frequently to let the blood circulate. I do this very often and recommend it. Another piece of advise: Try to balance the load for hands, legs and saddle.

As I said before, I would not recommend to ignore the warning of pain (and I will not mask it with pills either).
Will, I was on the Serfas for 2 1/2 hours yesterday, and 35 miles and I can say that this is the first time that I got off the bike with no pain at all. I did order another seatpost to try thr Brooks again, but if it doesn't work I have one that will. I remember I tried the Serfas before and it didn't seem to work, after a little playing around I got it. When I say a little, that what it was a little. My average went from 12 to 13 and 14, and I'm pretty happy with that. Thank you.