Thread: Need advice...
View Single Post
Old 05-14-04, 12:05 PM
Ohio Trekker
Passing!

Bikes: Trek 1988-520 & 2003-7500, 2004 Specialized Allez Sport & Stumpjumper Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Little bit of both, Martin, sounds like a confession on your part. If you impacted the car and tacoe'd the wheel, and just used the windshield to break your fall that would be one thing, BUT if the car wasn't used to stop your fall and more as an outlet for your frustration... well you decide... you know the truth...

I concur with your observation that if it had happened while you were driving they would in fact be cited, and I have serious reservations about them not being cited regardless of the fact their vehicle was (windshield) was damaged under what could be considered "suspicious circimstances". To have their insurance company replace the windshiled would seem like a cheap price to pay since you were in fact able to stop in time that they didn't have to pay for your ambulance trip, medical care or what could have been far worse.

On a side note, I am constantly replacing Ford windshileds from the tiniest pebbles tossed up from the road.